Multimedia learning includes picture learning, video learning, and sound learning, etc. Video learning has become common in every classroom, as most video learning provides picture and sound information transfer. I reshot and edited a video on how to make Chinese dumplings to teach the audience how to make dumplings and the process of making them. I added many new elements throughout the video, including silent mode and relaxing music, to ensure viewers can watch the video without distractions. By the Split-attention principle, I labeled each video with explanatory text at the bottom. People learn better when text and images are combined physically and temporally.

To avoid cognitive load, each video contains a short line of text that is very easy to understand so that viewers are not distracted.

The videos are edited in chronological order, with no jumbles or flashbacks. This way, there is no confusion about what the viewer is getting. Multiple transitions are used in the video to make the overall video look smooth. And some quirky elements are added to make the whole video more vivid. When the same information is presented in many different ways, it is easier for the viewers to receive the message and achieve better learning results. (Redundancy principle)

In my previous video editing assignment, I directly tried to edit existing videos on the website according to the activity requirements. I realized that the purpose of video editing in multimedia learning is that people can gain knowledge from the videos you edit in any field. But the video I edited before did not capture helpful information and was not a fluent video, just a few simple actions. An unprocessed or confusingly edited video can send the wrong message or make the viewer lose interest in watching it. So, I try to re-edit. In some ways, video editing and gamification have something in common. They all deliver learnable information in a relaxed and enjoyable environment. And they can move people from passive learning to active learning. For example, in making dumplings, it is too dull to follow a recipe and memorize an unfamiliar formula if there is no practice. But by editing the video, viewers will see clearly when to mix the flour and what ingredients should be used in the filling, and they will understand what they are learning more intuitively and have a sense of participation. They may want to know more about these oriental ingredients or oriental food preparation, thus changing from passive learning to active learning.

The following video is re-edited